Wednesday, 29 May 2013

Service and maintenance prior to Classic Scooter Run Oslo, part 2

 Drums were finally dry after a couple of coats of silver and a couple of coats of clear. 

New Newfren braking pads were installed in the front...

The original damper was inspected, and the lower rubber and insert was replaced.

 Damper installed again...

 And front wheel in place.

At some point the fork should get the same treatment, but this will not happen this year. 
 New brakepads was also installed in the rear. 

Opted to assemble drum and rim in one go to minimize risk of damage to the newly painted part.

 I've had a period typical license plate lying around for the Rally for ages, and I finally got around to mount this as well. 
Older, more correct vintage look. 

The silver brake drums really stand out!

 Spare wheel assembled as well. I added locktite to the nut, as the last spare wheel cover went A.W.O.L. 

Apart from that; a quick oil change and a carburettor adjustment was performed. Test drive will have to wait until tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment